Ask for more info!
Designed to provide energy to the vehicle and supply energy to the grid or to the house, allowing getting benefits from different grid applications:
• Time shift
• Power balancing
• Power quality support
With V2G you may store energy in your vehicle and use it later, getting benefits in terms of energy costs, CO² optimization, autonomy, or demand profile faltering.
Utility and energy companies.
Voltage – 400 VAC
Voltage range – -20 ±10%
Frequency – 50/60 Hz ± 5%
Nominal input power – 10,5 kVA
Max AC current per phase – 16 A
Dimensions (W x D x H) – 600 x 360 x 1620 mm
Weight – 260 kg
Protection level – IP54
Temperature – 0º to + 50°C
Humidity – 5% to 95%
Sound noise – < 55 dB in all dir
CEI 0.21 (Italy)
VDE – AR – N 4105 (Germany)
G59 /G83 (United Kingdom)
Questions / References
Vehicle to Grid (V2G) technology introduces the concept of two-way power flow by allowing charging and discharging of the electric vehicle battery.
Vehicle to grid (V2G) technology advantages :
At times of high energy demand, it is possible to stabilize parameters of the electrical network (or even of a house or building), using the energy available in electric vehicles.
Storage of overproduction
When there is massive production, it is possible to store this excess in the batteries of electric vehicles (typically this happens with renewable energies)
The stored energy can be used in emergency situations when the power grid fails.
V2G Hub is an excellent database of Vehicle to grid projects. Several of these projects had the participation of MAGNUM CAP directly or indirectly with our V2G chargers.
The Amsterdam Energy City Lab works on different projects and technologies to optimise local clean energy generation and use.
After two years of running, Amsterdam V2G yield the following results:
- The household increased the energy independence or, zero Emission energy autonomy (from 34 to 65% with V2G);
- Solid decline in energy exchange with the electricity network 45% less compared to situation without V2G;
- Storage size efficiency reaches 93% with 10 kWh storage capacity, this is close to a maximum storage level, more storage capacity contributes little extra;
- Operational energy losses in storage in DC batteries, and re-conversion when consuming the energy about 80%.
- Capacity of the battery and the degradation of this after in 2 year time is quite limited (ca. 6-7%).
The objective is to demonstrate a Vehicle to grid concept, where the battery of an electric car is used for temporary storage of electricity and to determine
the effect of V2G on the electricity-grid.
First Vehicle to grid project in NL to provide Frequency Control Reserve (FCR) services to TSO TenneT with chargers at homes, offices and public locations. In this way gaining insight and experience in user interaction, system value, charger technology, aggregation, battery impact, etc.